Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nashville Flood



Hey guys.  I just wanted to do a post about this because the amount of media coverage the flood and subsequent damage in Nashville has been getting doesn't reflect how bad it is.....  I am in LA right now and had only heard that it was "raining a lot."  Until I searched for myself and saw the videos/pictures.....it's so sad.  I swear, I cannot remember a period of time when there have been so many natural disasters.  Maybe Mama Earth is mad at us and this is her way of telling us to take better care of her.  I don't know- but I do realize that you all probably feel tapped out by donating to other disasters, and that's coupled with the crappy economy, of course....  But I just wanted to help raise awareness, and I'm also including a link to a great article that includes ways to help.  One of the easiest things you can do is text REDROSS to 90999 to donate $10.  It also includes lots of ways to help that are not monetary.  Here's the link: http://nashvillest.com/2010/05/03/so-nashville-is-flooded-how-can-i-help/  Thanks ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment